Join Slow Food Now.
Why it Matters
As a member, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are an active supporter of an internationally renowned/national movement to change for the better the way the world feeds itself – sustainably, fairly, and deliciously.
In the past 6 months alone, SFNYC's Urban Harvest program has:
- Grown financially and logistically supporting 17 schools in garden & good food education programming for New York City schoolchildren.
- Developed a professional Speaker's Bureau that includes experts in farming, beekeeping, cooking and nutrition to contribute in-class workshops for students.
- Partnered with NYC urban farmers creating teacher development workshops and organized curriculum sharing within the community.
- Created Slow U Fellow program for NYC high school students offering unique educational opportunities and volunteer, internships and job opportunities.
- Commenced Urban Harvest's summer garden program that reaches over 100 students and now has chickens and bees onsite.
Benefits of Slow Food NYC Membership
- Discounts on SFNYC events & other members-only opportunities
- Participation in SFNYC's board elections
- Invitation to our members-only annual meeting
- Opportunity to advocate for good, clean, and fair food policies
Benefits of Slow Food USA Membership
A donation of $25 or more per year makes you a member of Slow Food USA.
With a gift of $60 or more per year, you'll receive
- one-year subscription to the Snail Journal, which covers national food issues
- Benefit of 100% tax-deductible membership contribution
- The Food Chain, our monthly e-newsletter that highlights the activities of our 200+ chapters, our diverse programs and the latest headlines in food sustainability
- For new members, an electronic copy of the Slow Food CompanionThe knowledge that funds procured will support a global movement dedicated to an equitable food system
Your monthly or one-time gift allows us to partner in combating food deserts, to promote regional biodiversity, and to offer educational enrichment opportunities for the broader New York City community. Please join us.